Thursday 27 October 2011

Winter is coming for us...

It's getting dark outside. It's 5.46pm. There's a thick, beefy, grey night hanging around outside waiting to knock me off my still-summer-shoe-clad feet when I step out of the office in 10 minutes. Not cool.

The clocks will go back an hour on Sunday, signalling the onset of British Winter 2011 brrrr...making way for...mmm mulled wine, red wine, mulled wine, mmm repeat etc.

Incidentally, why is David Cameron trying to mess with time itself? In my opinion, nobody should be allowed to do this except God, Hiro Nakamura (from 'Heroes') and Bernard (from 'Bernard's Watch'). I don't think David is quite on a par with any of these guys. I'm not David-bashing as such, just wandering why he's thinking about long summers when we're about to enter winter? Live in the present, seize the day and all that.

Perhaps he has just been watching too many 'Bernard's Watch' repeats? In which case I don't blame him. But then why doesn't he just issue similar magic pocket watches to every Briton and we can decide Time for ourselves, "each to their own" style?

This may sound naive and silly, but this is very probably the next step in our technology-obsessed, power-hungry modern world...you heard it here first...watch this space...(didn't even intend a cringey time-based pun there oops.) 

4 comments:

  1. *gasp* your "PS" post doesn't exist despite a shadow of it appearing in my blogger timeline, have I just looked through a time window to something you will write in the future? Do you have a magic watch!? I WANT ONE! *stomps feet* :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaa I would love to say YES.
    But in reality...I thought this post and the P.S. were a bit random compared to the rest of the blog so I deleted P.S. and was on the way to do the same with this one. Then I remembered I like silly, even if not in keeping with the rest of the blog. I was told I should research my facts first by one reader, but the point was not an intellectual, factual post - it was mere stupidness so under that guise it can stay!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pah... facts, they just get in the way of fun! :) And both silly and serious are great! Depends whether you want a theme running through your blog of course - not sure whether I'm a good "blogger" in that regard, I'm just a jumble of messy irreverence with the occasional moment of lucidity :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like your blog, I think you get a great blend of silly and serious. How could it go wrong with Booglog on board?! I'm not sure what direction I want mine to go in...will keep playing.

    ReplyDelete